Model No.: 149-32-6
Place of Origin: China
Erythritol is a new fermented sweetener with zero calories produced by advanced biology. It has a high digestive tolerance, is safe for people with diabetes, and does not promote tooth decay. Low calorie sweetener and 70% sweet of cane sugar.
1. Erythritol has a strong cooling effect (endothermic, or positive heat of solution) when it dissolves in water, which is often combined with the cooling effect of mint flavors.
2. Erythritol is commonly used as a medium in which to deliver high-intensity sweeteners, especially stevia derivatives, serving the dual function of providing both bulk and a flavor similar to that of table sugar.
3. Erythritol is tooth-friendly; it cannot be metabolized by oral bacteria, so it does not contribute to tooth decay.
4. Erythritol has been suggested as the active ingredient causing Truvia-induced impaired motor function and reduced life span in fruit flys.
5. In general, erythritol is free of side effects in regular use. Doses over 50 grams (1.8 oz) can cause a significant increase in nausea and stomach rumbling (borborygmi). Rarely, erythritol can cause allergic hives.